- 34% of Internet users in the United States have logged onto the Internet using a wireless connection.
- In 2007 more than two-thirds of Americans, 68.1%, use the Internet at home, a substantial increase from the 46.9% of users who reported home Internet use in 2000.
- 40% of Americans say they get most of their news about national and international issues from the Internet, up from just 24% in September 2007.
- According to a PEW Internet and American lifestyles survey, the mobile device will be the primary connection tool to the Internet for most people in the world in 2020.
- The U.S. Currently Accounts for 21 Percent of Worldwide Internet Users, down from 66 Percent in 1996.
Sources: PEW Internet and American life project survey, USC 2007 Digital Future Project report.